– Removes >90% albumin from 30 mg albumin/ml sample
– Affinity-type equivalence, virtually no cross-reactivity with other proteins
– Bind and elute procedure – simply weigh powder, condition the sample, centrifuge and/or filter, and recover the albumin depleted serum
– Economical new surface technology, not based on affinity chromatography
– Mild conditions maintain tertiary structure of proteins and simple transfer to secondary analysis
– The albumin depleted filtrate retains the enzymatic and biological activity
– Removes albumin from samples such as serum, plasma and from species including human, mouse, sheep, bovine, goat, rat, and calf
– The flow through fraction is compatible with LC-MS, activity based protein profiling and proteomic studies.
Albusorb™ is an albumin depletion reagent supplied as a kit with necessary buffers. With 25ul of starting sample, the yield of albumin depleted serum protein is 0.1-0.2 milligrams. Albusorb™ binds albumin from serum or plasma and is compatible with downstream proteomics methods such as protein array pixelation ,1D and 2D gel electrophoresis, LC/MS, and MALDI-TOF MS. Samples are also prepared for biomarker discovery, toxicological studies for new drugs, enzyme assays, protein profiling using SELDI analysis and cytokines research.
AlbuSorb™ binds to albumin, and serum proteins flow through. Removal of albumin allows enhanced detection of low abundance proteins. AlbuSorb™ comes from a silica-based, separation platform utilizing a new combination of surface microenvironments substituted with low molecular substrates that feature drug-binding motifs. Unlike immuno-affinity, the surfaces utilized are disposable eliminating cycle to cycle variance and cross-contamination.
|A185-6||AlbuSorb™ , Albumin Depletion Kit||6 grams||460 €|
|A185-18||AlbuSorb™ , Albumin Depletion Kit||18 grams||1006 €|
|A185-3||AlbuVoid™ , Albumin Depletion and Low Abundance Protein Enrichment Kit||3 grams||505 €|